BISMILLAH IR RAHMAN IR RAHEEM

Life takes us by the hand and steers us in so many different directions. Many a times we plan, and an unexpected surprise arrives, the plan is no more. Once we welcome the surprise and completely register it in our senses, life takes a sharp turn and lands us in the middle of another unexpected situation. We fumble, rub our eyes and flail our arms searching for a support to protect us from falling face down. The only support that really sees us through is the level of our eimaan and our belief in Allah swt and His plans.


 I found myself getting in and out of strange turns and dangerous bumps a couple of months ago. I found myself feeling surprised, and sometimes amused, every time! Just as much as the reality of that particular situation would hit me hard, so would the fact that "Indeed He is the best of planners". Many months have gone by, yet I'm still wondering what messages or rather what hikmah/wisdom it is that those incidents were meant to teach me. I do realize that my Almighty Rabb doesnt always wish for us to see or know the hikmah, but the mind is a wanderer and likes to go in forbidden places. As much as my little mind wanders, it returns with the same instinct: beg forgiveness. It whispers inside my head, acting as my conscience, "Oh Re Awakened Muslimah, keep asking forgiveness from Allah swt so you may find success and happiness and a reward for all those unforeseen happenings". And the best strategy that this wandering conscience of mine suggests for me to be able to truly and earnestly ask forgiveness, is of course: submission. Blind and unquestioned submission to the One who sent Al-Burraq for the Holy Prophet(S)'s night journey, and to the One who cooled the fire for Ibrahinm (AS) and to the One who protected Yunus(AS) in the whale's belly and the One who overturned entire civilizations when they DID NOT submit!


Ya Allah swt... Indeed You are All Powerful, All Wise and All Merciful!! 

Sami Allahuliman Hamida
Rabbana Wa Lakal Hamd
Hamdan Katheeran Tayyabam Mubarakan Feehi 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

WHEN A MOTHER GOES FOR HAJJ...

HAJJ CHRONICLES; “LABBAIK ALLAHUMMA LABBAIK”

how i learned to love the sun!