Our love goes beyond "PARATHAS":)

Holy Prophet Muhammad (s.a.w.) says, "No house has been built in Islam more beloved in the sight of Allah than through marriage."

Hazrat Ali (r)exhorts, "Marry, because marriage is the tradition of Holy Prophet Muhammad (s.a.w.)." Holy Prophet Muhammad (s.a.w.) also said, "Whosoever likes to follow my tradition, then he should know that marriage is from my tradition."


Alhamdolillah I have been married for a good seven years now. At the time that I got married I believed my hubby(little friend will be his blog name for that is the literal translation of his name!) and I were "head over heels in love"! I made an effort to please him with my cooking and cleaning skills. Poor as they were I worked on improving them; rising early to manage making the perfect "roti" for him and frying his egg with the bottom crispy , yolk tender yet intact. Once he would leave for work I went about hand-washing his clothes, polishing the floor till it shone and scrubbing the bathroom tiles... all in the an effort to "prove" my love to my wonderful husband.

Little friend was also reciprocating my feelings by making tedious efforts to prove his love for me. He stacked crates of coke and cartons of milk in our bedroom (as I preferred these two drinks over all others) and showed generosity to the extent of extravagance. He chose his words carefully, and always worried about hurting me unintentionally. Although he did manage a few blunders like how all simple men do when they are not aware of the timing being bad or the words being inappropriate:)

Just seven years down the lane and Little Friend and I have already reached a much higher level of love. We respect each other tremendously alhamdolillah and have faith in each other's feelings. I no longer struggle with my "roti" and "paratha" skills in an effort to win my husband's admiration. In fact some mornings when I'm tired or unwell, I know that he will make arrangements for his breakfast on his own and that will not effect the love we feel for each other or the amazing relation ship we have. The word "love" has finally found meaning in our lives. We were quite certain that what we felt in the first days of marriage was love. But we were wrong! We are now able to recognize unspoken needs, relate to hidden sentiments and read each other's minds . That is love. We have accepted each other for who we are. That is love. We do not have to go about our daily routines with the motive of proving ourselves to one another. That is love!

I cannot thank Allah swt enough for this wonderful gift of love! I pray that each one of us gets to live this feeling and express it to the maximum; to cherish it and to spread it; to live with it and die with it. All praise is for Allah Almighty who has made the bond between a man and woman so holy, pure and beautiful! I epecially thank Allah swt for taking my love beyond "parathas" so early in my married life:)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

WHEN A MOTHER GOES FOR HAJJ...

HAJJ CHRONICLES; “LABBAIK ALLAHUMMA LABBAIK”

SUBMISSION!